Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dessert: Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies

So I am not sure where I got this from, but it's one of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes. Whoever's grandma this is, thank you! (I found this written in my collection of recipes, so I must have kept it from my college days)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter (you can use extra crunchy if you want)
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 3 TBSP milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • Granulated sugar (set aside for later, says it's optional- but why would you? That's what makes them Grandma's cookies!)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven at 375
  2. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with mixer on medium speed until well blended
  3. Add egg and beat well until blended
  4. Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda). Add to peanut butter mixture on low speed until blended
  5. Form into balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly in a criss-cross pattern with fork
  6. Bake in oven for 7-8 minutes, until brown
Note:
I usually like to double the recipe, since I always seem to bring them to work. They tend to go quickly.

No comments: